PUT support for chunked encoding with no Content-Length header

anichols nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Apr 23 21:48:22 MSD 2010

Hello,
   I have seen this topic discussed here but never with any conclusion that I saw. I am trying to move to nginx in an environment where we PUT files using chunked encoding. We do not provide the Content-Length because we do not have this information, files we are storing could be very large and are effectively streamed into our application and then into nginx (which we are trying to use with mogilefs).

The error I am getting in the nginx logs when I try to do this is the following:

2010/04/22 13:03:41  663#0: *257 client sent PUT method without "Content-Length" header while reading client request headers, client: 127.0.0.1, server: localhost, request: "PUT /dev4/0/000/026/0000026938.fid HTTP/1.1", host: "127.0.0.1:7500"

I have tested this on both nginx version 0.7.65 & 0.8.36. I have also tried incorporating the chunkin module with no success. Is this known to work and perhaps I have a configuration issue or is this a known limitation / bug?

Happy to post my config if it's helpful, but wanted to start by just asking if this should work.

Thank you,
Aaron

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,78526,78526#msg-78526