Absolute rather than relative times in expires directives
mrj at advancedcontrols.com.au
Sun Aug 1 13:23:15 MSD 2010
I have a static HTML page that is updated at midnight each day. So I'd like to set its expires directive to an absolute
rather than a relative time.
I was thinking of something like
expires at <crontab-line>
e.g. expires at 0 0 * * *
- Is there an existing solution?
- If not, is anyone working, or planning to work, on one?
- If not, would I have to write a core patch, or could it be done in an extension?
- If a core patch, is there a good chance it would be accepted?
- Can anyone suggest a better way than the above?
Perhaps I should just rely on mtime etags (http://github.com/mikewest/nginx-static-etags), and handle the extra requests
and 304 responses.
More information about the nginx