Equivalent of Apache's SetEnv Variable

Raina Gustafson raina at thequeensmen.com
Wed Aug 4 18:53:06 MSD 2010

As I mentioned, I don't really know what I'm doing.

This is where I got my initial configuration from, though, in the
Magento forums. Perhaps the user who posted there can shed some light?
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/7931/#t211050

Hope that helps. Once I do get this sorted out in a way that is
satisfactory to me, I will post on the wikis. I'll post the steps I've
taken to compile and install the latest versions of PHP, Nginx and
MySQL for Magento, too, as there were a few sticky bits involved. The
information floating around on Nginx+Magento isn't exactly abundant.
I'm going to try and get things working with APC cache and/or Varnish,
too, before I consider this work done. Right now, PHP-FPM is being a
total memory hog, even on my virtual server that has no traffic and
just one default Magento installation. Not quite sure how to tackle
that yet, either. I personally do like Magento a lot, though
optimizing it for performance is a chore!

Thanks again for your time!