Sensible Performance/Growth Strategies?

Hone Watson hone at
Fri Aug 6 07:46:11 MSD 2010

CentOS comes with more base packages and services on by default which
causes extra unnecessary memory consumption.  Usually around double
the memory of a base Debian system.  Of course you can go about
turning the packages/services off in CentOS but to me its easier just
to install the base of a different system and begin from there.