Please Help With Memcached Setup

agentzh agentzh at
Tue Aug 10 06:34:09 MSD 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Dayo <nginx-forum at> wrote:
> Hi
> I am running Nginx 0.7.67 with the Memc and Echo 3rd party modules in
> trying to follow
> I want to serve some static files from memcached and am trying a self
> updating setup as in the following pseudocode:

This is a FAQ regarding my ngx_memc module :) And this can be done by
combining the ngx_memc and ngx_srcache modules:

The only caveat is that ngx_srcache does not cache response headers
(yet), so it's necessary to use the <charset>, <default_type> and
<add_header> directives to explicitly set the Content-Type header and
etc. It's probably a bad idea to combine this module with ngx_proxy
which usually returns varying response headers :)

Support for response header caching in ngx_srcache is a TODO and
patches for this will be highly appreciated :)