Rewrite lookup via MySQL table

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 07:56:34 MSD 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Michael Shadle <mike503 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You are a crazy, crazy guy agentzh! :)

:)

> You could also whip up a quick little PHP script to do the
> pre-processing for you, not bootstrapping Magento, but simply db
> querying, and add memcache or apc or another caching mechanism,
> without having to go this deep into development modules and having to
> compile a bunch of external modules to get this to work :)

Yup, sure we can do that. Just depend on how fast you want to achieve
and how much resource you want to spend on those services ;)

On my laptop, nginx + php-fpm can only get about 4000 r/s for a hello
world php script and once you start to connect to a database and do
some simple calculations, oh well...

Cheers,
-agentzh