one parameter missing from GeoIP data via FCGI

Dean nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Aug 24 19:05:52 MSD 2010

Thanks for the suggestion, Igor.

I tried 5 IPs on the MaxMind site.  One of them had a postal code
record--the rest were blank.  When using that IP with nginx/GeoIP, the
postal code field was empty.

Using the MaxMind website, the city and lat/long of the IP are reported
differently from the same fields from the free MaxMind database used by
the GeoIP module.   The MaxMind online lookup site states that the data
is from their commercial product, as opposed to the free one that I'm
using with nginx.

So...it seems that the databases are somewhat different, and there may
simply be no postal code data in the free database for the IPs that I'm
testing with.

Cheers

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,122988,123149#msg-123149