Problems with secured IE

Alexandr Sergeyev asergeyev at dyn.com
Wed Aug 25 05:21:14 MSD 2010

Ian,

You're forcing Gzip encoding to all clients even if they do not send "accept encoding" request header. You even don't send content-encoding  in the answer which is also incorrect. Even if client says "I do not support gzip" you are sending it.

Other warnings about your server behavior are her:
http://redbot.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fbobgriffiths.com%2F

Please note, that if you'd like to force gzip to some IE6 and other situations when client would understand gzip answer but did not send Accept-Encoding you may read these notes from Velocity 2010 presentation:

http://en.oreilly.com/velocity2010/public/schedule/detail/14334

Alex.