error in nginx-0.8.42: [emerg]: mkdir() "/usr/local/nginx/uwsgi_temp" failed

brianmercer nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Aug 28 02:30:14 MSD 2010

serepo Wrote:
> In addition to Jean hughes:
>
> I also installed from the ppa in ubuntu lucid, and
> created /usr/local/nginx
> Then I made the user (& group) www-data, who
> apparently is created by the nginx install
> package, owner of /usr/local/nginx/ with read &
> write access.
> Start nginx with /etc.init.d/nginx start and
> youŕe ready to go.
>
> Cheers Sebastiaan

It looks like that PPA has had some problems for the last 12 days.

On 8/12/2010 it built a package successfully but did not include those
two temp paths.
Build log:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/53535379/buildlog_ubuntu-lucid-i386.nginx_0.8.49-1ppa1_FULLYBUILT.txt.gz

But then again on 8/12/2010 it tried to rebuild with the needed
	    --http-scgi-temp-path=/var/lib/nginx/scgi \
	    --http-uwsgi-temp-path=/var/lib/nginx/uwsgi \
but failed to build.
Build log:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/53565334/buildlog_ubuntu-lucid-i386.nginx_0.8.49%2Btime~lucid1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

Looks like a naming problem.  Package name changed and it applied that
to the source path and then it couldn't find the upstream-fair module
and died.

Please contact the maintainer of the PPA.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,102597,124478#msg-124478