Rewrite lookup via MySQL table

relix nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Aug 28 16:54:27 MSD 2010

First of all, this thread contains a lot of information! I'm in the
process of implementing something similar and it has helped me a ton.

I was just wondering, as long as you're using Lua anyway, why not do
away with Drizzle completely, and just make Lua connect to the database
to retrieve the correct URL? Is it because Drizzle will keep one
connection to the database per nginx-instance, so there is less
overhead, compared to Lua which would have to connect and disconnect to
the database for every request?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,122977,124586#msg-124586