subrequest in range-filter

Wu Bingzheng wubingzheng at
Mon Aug 30 11:10:24 MSD 2010

I want to write a filter, which may create some subrequests.
And all of these subrequests need be supported by range-filter (src/http/modules/ngx_http_range_filter_module.c).
But there is a check in range-header-filter, something like this:
    if(r!=r->main) return ngx_http_next_header_filter(r);
It seem that the range-filter does not support the subrequest.
So I get 2 questions.
1. why dose the range-filter not support the subrequest?
2. If I want to write a filter which create subrequests that need range support, how?