Nginx capping at 320 requests per second

khatfield at serverorigin.com khatfield at serverorigin.com
Tue Aug 31 13:20:02 MSD 2010

Hard to say.. I am not personally familiar with Tornado but I do know nginx with a very similar config with keepalive's at 5/10 seconds will do much more than that..

It's a very odd situation. I know it sounds dumb but do you have any errors in your 'dmesg' or in the nginx logs? Is it running out of buffered memory or system sockets?

Is reuse connections on in your sysctl's? I would double-check your sysctl config and personally I would run KeepAlive. This would ensure reusing connections and not opening a new connection for every request.

Everyone has their own opinion keepalive with attacks, large volumes of traffic, etc. However, we have found it to perform much better, less resources, and worse case - if you are having a bottleneck from something else then it would likely be more efficient.

-Kevin