Custom page for 400 (Bad Request)

Denis nginx-forum at
Tue Dec 14 18:16:11 MSK 2010

Hello everyone!

I have a decent number of hits with very large cookies. It was a bug of
our application and it's fixed now, but we have to do something with
these clients, because all they are seeing now is the standard 400 Bad
Request page. I tried adding

error_page  400              /errors/400.html;

hoping that I would delete the cookies by javascript or some other way,
but I still get the standard page and connection reset.

Is there any way to override that or is there any other way to flush
those huge cookies?