Firefox says Peer's Certificate has been revoked

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Tue Dec 21 04:36:29 MSK 2010

On 21 Dez 2010 00h17 WET, cliff at develix.com wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 16:01 -0800, David Newman wrote:
>
> Somewhat off-topic, but I switched from Godaddy certs to using
> https://www.thesslstore.com/ which sells non-chained certs for less
> than Godaddy charges for chained ones (I paid around $10/year for a
> RapidSSL cert vs $60/year for the Godaddy chained cert).

Adding to Cliff's suggestion to avoid Godaddy's god awful site, and if
you're happy with a free level 1 cert, I suggest startssl.com. I've
been using their free level 1 certs in my sites without any issues so
far.

You can generate the CSR online or upload the one you generated
through using openssl or Gnu TLS certtool.

> As a bonus you don't have to navigate that gangrenous scab Godaddy
> calls a website.

Definitely :)

--- appa