HttpSecureLinkModule Q?

Weibin Yao nbubingo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 04:49:27 MSK 2010

izrodix at 2010-12-21 6:44 wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm trying to configure secure link modulаr together with  flv
> streaming module but without success.
>
> Can anyone give me an example with this basic setup.
>     location ~ \.flv {
>

>         root   /store;
>

>         flv;
>

>     }
>
> the plain url is http://127.0.0.1/subdir1/subdir2/movie.flv
> subdir1/subdir2 are dynamic paths to files.
> I wan;t to protect this path and flv file with temporary url.

The secure link module protect file by md5. You should add a md5 string
in your url.

For example, the url is like this:

http://127.0.0.1/subdir1/subdir2/movie.flv?md5=NF0H4o7SIxt_vNa9XzzxzQ==

your configuration should be:

    location ~ \.flv {
        secure_link $arg_md5;
	secure_link_md5 your_secret_word$uri;

 	if ($secure_link = "") {
       	   return 403;
    	}

        root   /store;

        flv;
    }

The md5 hash value of "your_secret_word$uri" will compare with the string specified by "secure_link". If the result is the same, the variable of $secure_link is '1', else it's null string.

> Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,160061,160061#msg-160061

Weibin Yao