nginx performance test

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 06:26:50 MSK 2010

2010/1/30 yong xue <ultraice at gmail.com>:
> hi, sysoev,
>     for proxy, can nginx give an new option, for example
> client_max_body_size_in_buffer,  it will be served synchronously from
> client
> if client body size is greater than client_max_body_size_in_buffer ?

According to the current implementation, no easy way. ngx_proxy calls
the ngx_http_read_client_request_body function to do the content body
reading task for it, which always buffer the input request before
creating the request for the remote upstream server.

Even though technically speaking we *can* do that, but I'm afraid it
will make things even worse if the backend server blocks a thread or a
process on slow request processing (as in the Apache prefork mpm).

So I don't think Igor Sysoev will do that *big* refactoring for
something that often has little gain in real world ;)

Cheers,
-agentzh

QQ 279005114 *grin*