jvm route problem

Li ampyx.li at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 10:13:37 MSK 2010

Hey guys,

I am using unofficial module named "jvm_route_module" (
http://code.google.com/p/nginx-upstream-jvm-route/) to make my nginx support
 sticky session for tomcat through ajp. The compilation and build seems fine
without posting any error. But after I configure the upstream with jvm_route
support. It produced wired error:
[emerg]: invalid parameter "srun_id" in /usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf:180

Here is the upstream configuration
# Tomcat Cluster
upstream katties {
    server srun_id=jvmRoute1;
    server srun_id=jvmRoute2;
    jvm_route $cookie_JSESSIONID|sessionid reverse;

I am not sure if this is a proper place to ask this question, but I really
cant find any solution so far. Or is there any better solution to provide
session sticky for tomcat cluster behind nginx?

Many thanks

Small win by playing smart
Big win by playing honest