Response Sent To Wrong User

Ryan Malayter malayter at
Thu Feb 4 16:43:46 MSK 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Yaoxing <yaoxing.zhang at> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm suffering from the pain that Nginx returns wrong page to the users.
> Don't know if anyone else encountered the same problem.
> I have a page summaries.aspx which displays the user summary info for
> users. No query string is required, the page just get current user ID
> from session, and load the info of this user. Most of the time,
> everything works fine. However, if the website is under heavy stress,
> Nginx probably would return this page to a wrong user. For example, I'm
> a at If the site is under heavy stress, Iwill see another user's
> summary page.
> I'm pretty sure this does not happen in .net side because without nginx
> this will not happen.
> Could anybody give me some suggestions?

Are you using proxy_cache at all in your nginx configuration?

If so, what are the Expires: and Cache-Control headers being returned
by the IIS back-end server? ASP.NET sets "Cache-Control: private" by
default, but if you override that somehow, the wrong page could be
served to the wrong user.

Also, what version nginx are you using, and on which OS?