Godaddy wildcard certs...

Nick Pearson nick.pearson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 06:07:55 MSK 2010

Sorry I don't have a lot to add, but I thought it worth mentioning
that I just bought and configured a GoDaddy wildcard SSL certificate a
couple weeks ago, and it's working without any issues.  I bought the
low-end ($199/yr) wildcard cert, in case that matters.  I'm running
nginx-0.8.29.

Here's my config:

server {
  listen       1.2.3.4:443;
  server_name  *.domain.com;
  ssl  on;
  ssl_certificate      /etc/ssl/certs/any.domain.com.crt;
  ssl_certificate_key  /etc/ssl/private/any.domain.com.key;

>From what Firefox says, it almost sounds like GoDaddy gave you a
non-wildcard cert.  (I believe all their non-wildcard certs are valid
for both domain.com and www.domain.com.)

Again, this likely isn't much help other than knowing that someone
else has this working.

Nick