"charset" ignored / not set for proxied content-type text/css resources

Daniel Hahler genml at thequod.de
Tue Feb 9 01:05:56 MSK 2010

Maxim Dounin schrieb:

>> This works for application/x-javascript files (where "; charset=utf-8"
>> gets added), but apparently gets ignored for "text/css" (which is not
>> modified).
>>
>>         charset utf-8;

> As of now, by default charset module works only with the following
> types:
>
> text/html
> text/xml
> text/plain
> text/vnd.wap.wml
> application/x-javascript
> application/rss+xml
>
> You may add more types via charset_types directive, see here (in
> Russian):
>
> http://sysoev.ru/nginx/docs/http/ngx_http_charset_module.html#charset_types

Thank you, this worked fine.

I think text/html is fixed in this list, but all others must get added?
(it says "[warn]: duplicate MIME type "text/html"" now).

This is probably like with gzip_types, where text/html is always being
compressed / in the list.

> There is no translation of this directive description in wiki yet,
> feel free to add one.

I'd like to, but I don't understand a single word of the original
documentation, which could lead to wrong information.. ;)

I think it would make sense to add text/css to this list?!

Thank you,
Daniel

--
http://daniel.hahler.de