Nginx, static files and local caching

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Thu Feb 11 00:15:23 MSK 2010

> Yes it should.

NFS cache is/was broken, so it's open discussion, but not exactly on topic.

> If it isn't your implementation is not working properly.

ngx_slowfs_cache isn't NFS implementation, it's caching mechanism.

> I can't disagree with this, It's use as a remote to local filesystem cache
> would be useful. Does it have stateful checks to determine if files are
> changed?

Like I said on IRC: it's cache by nginx definition (make local copy and
serve it unconditionally until it expires), so no, it doesn't check if
original file was modified.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >