ngx_drizzle: make nginx talk directly to mysql, drizzle, and sqlite3 by libdrizzle

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 13:20:14 MSK 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:

> It's not ready module, it's prototype which shouldn't be used in
> production due to simple (and really common for nginx modules from
> unaware authors) reason: the code blocks nginx worker on database
> requests.
>
> See catap's (Kirill Korinskiy) comments there for details.

We (chaoslawful and I) do have something runnable for ngx_oracle in
our private repository. Note that not every part of OCI can be made
non-blocking; notable exceptions are connection/session creation
operations. So we're using internal threads to workaround these
blocking parts and nginx's event model for other parts.

We hope to kick ngx_oracle out of the door in the near future. And any
sponsorship will be highly appreciated, because our $department's
business no longer heavily replies on Oracle.

Cheers,
-agentzh