GeoIP rewite rule?, redirect CHINA users to an error page.

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Mon Feb 15 04:45:50 MSK 2010

On 02/14/2010 07:35 PM, Cliff Wells wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 15:57 -0500, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
>>       ru no;
>
> ... and yet for some reason they run a Russian web server.

We picked the server, not our client.

> While I'm sympathetic to the motives, I've always found blocking entire
> regions somewhat akin to securing a server by unplugging it from the
> internet.

There is no political motive for blocking Russia, or any other country.
It's purely practical, though I agree with you that such measures are
quite futile in keeping out bad guys for it would take them all of 30
seconds to defeat this scheme by using a proxy.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis