nginx taking forever to serve last image on page

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Wed Feb 17 18:38:27 MSK 2010

On 2/17/10 10:16 AM, Benjamin Jackson wrote:
> Using nginx 0.6.31, the server is taking ~15 seconds between serving
> the next-to-last and the last image on the page. You can see this
> happening at http://wikimapa.org.br/multimidia.

This page and all of its images load very quickly for me on Firefox,
Opera, Safari (all on MacOSX) and on IE 8. I don't see any delay but I
am on a fiber optic connection and I am also only a few hundred miles
from where that IP address localizes. I also checked several other pages
on that site and noticed no problem. A forced refresh of that page on
Firefox appears to take less than a second. Could the problem be on your
end?

> Serving individual static files works as expected. Anyone have any
> ideas as to what might be causing this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

Jim Ohlstein