reverse proxy_

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 21:51:09 MSK 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Fredrik Widlund
<fredrik.widlund at qbrick.com> wrote:
> Why is this not doable? I'm even considering adding support for this myself into Nginx, since we really need it and also since it seemed kind of natural?
>
> This could of course be an optional feature, but it would be interesting to know what this breaks?

I agree... this shouldn't be impossible by any stretch. Squid seems to
handle this scenrio just fine, and the Cache-Control infrastructure of
HTTP/1.1 was designed explicitly to enable this behavior.

What is the scnario that doesn't work for this?
--
RPM