When will mod_auth_mysql in nginx will be available?

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 06:43:17 MSK 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 8:25 AM, lhmwzy <lhmwzy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see the post:
>
> Posted by Igor Sysoev (Guest)
> on 16.03.2009 13:40
> (Received via mailing list)
>
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:19:20PM +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> Written from scratch, implementing the MySQL wire protocol?
> Yes.
>
>> By the way, after having implemented a pure PostgreSQL client in Python,
>> I tried to do the same with MySQL; but protocol design is very bad,
>> compared to PostgreSQL, so I gave up; it does not make sense to waste
>> time with MySQL, IMHO,
>
> It's already wasted :). The reamining part is parsing mysql response.

I'm not sure if our ngx_drizzle[1] module will help you to talk to
mysql (clusters) from within nginx in this context. We're already
using ngx_drizzle + mysql to do simple password login for our
application. 100% nginx config scripting.

Cheers,
-agentzh

[1] http://github.com/chaoslawful/drizzle-nginx-module