auth_basic password problems

acdc nginx-forum at
Sun Feb 28 13:24:37 MSK 2010

           Has this problem been resolved as of 0.8.5? I tried using nginx 0.8.33 for Windows and I still cannot authenticate a user against my htpasswd file. If I put in the encrypted password string for the prompted password dialogue, I can login but if I type the actual password that was used to create the encrypted string, it always fails. I have tried using a password created with DES and SHA1 and I cannot login unless I type the actual encrypted string e.g. r4ixdoKOMe0Js. Please let me know if this has been implemented. If not, I guess I will just put the unencrypted password string in my htpasswd so that I can authenticate!