In-process key/value (session) store option. . .?

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Wed Jan 6 08:31:28 MSK 2010

Hi,

>  * Search an in-process hashtable using a value from a request parameter
> or
> header. (think session cache with expiry)

I don't think that such module exists. And to be honest, I doubt that such
approach would perform a lot better than memcached accessed locally over
unix socket (so with no TCP/IP overhead).

>  * If the key is not found, then call out to some distributed cache
> backend
> (e.g. Memcached, Redis, Tokyo) to get the value.
>  * Add a new request header with the fetched value.
>  * Proxy forward the request upstream.

I think this should be all possible with existing modules, but what are you
trying to achieve here? It seems like a lot of trouble to just add one
header to request. If there is one application running behind such
configuration, wouldn't it be simplier to just make this call on the
application side? Or even store header's value in user's cookie (or
encrypted cookie)?

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >