NginxHttpStubStatusModule Stats Incorrect?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Jan 8 16:15:44 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 12:02:15AM -0500, Nathan Folkman wrote:

> Seeing something that doesn't add up after adding the following rewrite rules:
>
> server {
>         listen 80;
>         server_name _;
>         underscores_in_headers on;
>         proxy_set_header Host $host;
>         proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
>         proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
>         proxy_connect_timeout 10;
>         proxy_send_timeout 30;
>         proxy_read_timeout 30;
>         charset utf-8;
>
>         if ($host ~* "www.playfoursquare.com") {
>             rewrite ^(.*)$ http://foursquare.com$1 permanent;
>         }
>
>         if ($host ~* "playfoursquare.com") {
>             rewrite ^(.*)$ http://foursquare.com$1 permanent;
>         }
>
>         if ($host ~* "www.foursquare.com") {
>             rewrite ^(.*)$ http://foursquare.com$1 permanent;
>         }

> }
>
> Both the "reading" and "active" stats are growing linearly since I have the change. The odd thing is that non of the other system stats agree with this (load, interrupts, etc.) Also, when I actually get the current active connections, it doesn't seem to agree:
>
> netstat -ant | grep EST | wc -l
> 408
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!

Could you please provide nginx -V output and full config?  Some
information about the OS may be intresting too (at least, the
event method as logged by nginx at "notice" level during startup).

Also it's probably a good idea to check if you are able to
reproduce the problem with 0.8.31 (if you are using older
version).