Nginx and SCGI

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Jan 12 13:56:03 MSK 2010

Huy Phan ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> As far as I know, there's a SCGI module for Nginx but currently it's not
> compatible with the latest stable version (0.7.64).

My bad, but there is a reason.
1) recently I have not worked with Nginx
2) I have never used SCGI module in production, it was only an exercise.

Recently, an Italian hosting company has implemented an Nginx module for
their custom protocol. It is just SCGI, but using binary encoding.

It is available here:
http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/browser/nginx

It should not be hard to add support to both binary and ASCII (standard
SCGI) in the same module, it may be added in future.

The protocol is described here:
http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/#Whatabouttheprotocol

If I remember correctly, the module supports the 0.7.x branch.
I don't know if it works with the 0.8.x branch.

> [...]

Regards  Manlio