PHP dying

djeyewater nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jan 12 19:36:23 MSK 2010

This isn't really an Nginx problem, but hopefully someone can help me. I'm running PHP as fcgi using spawn-fcgi.

I have a PHP script that resizes an image, but when I try to access this page, it seems to get partway through processing the page, then the PHP process handling the request dies. I receive in the browser the output of the script as far as it got, and in the error log I get:

2010/01/12 15:29:33  7654#0: *15 readv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: www.photosite.com, request: "POST /admin/upload.xhtml HTTP/1.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/home/djeyewater/webapps/spawn-fcgi/php-fastcgi.sock:", host: "www.photosite.com", referrer: "http://www.photosite.com/admin/upload.xhtml"

Other php pages work okay.

I'm guessing I need to change a timeout or max size setting somewhere?

Thanks

Dave

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,40290,40290#msg-40290