Modifying uri

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Thu Jan 14 05:42:45 MSK 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to find a way to change the case of a part of the uri like this:

"/TeSt/File.txt" => "/test/File.txt"

i.e. I want to change the first path component of the uri to lower case.
My question is how this can be achieved in a module? I cannot find the
proper place where to modify the uri and then simply let nginx deliver the
file at that location. I also tried looking at the rewrite module but could
not see where it actually modifies the request structure to store the new
location after a rewrite has happened. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Regards,
   Dennis