multiple nginx in one server?

Marcus Clyne ngx.eugaia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:44:41 MSK 2010

Max wrote:
> Yes, I was asking about multiple nginx instances :-). Thanks anyway.
>
> I will think about it. Since I just afraid if there is any problem for
> the streaming server, my web server will still running if I got 2
> nginx instances :-).
If you really did want to have two servers running, then you would need
separate IP addresses on which to bind, or have them bound to different
ports.  You'd also need to specify both the IP addresses and ports in
the listen directive.

You're probably better running just one instance of Nginx and multiple
'server' definitions though.

Marcus.