is there any way to make Substitution module to work with gzip?

Weibin Yao nbubingo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:49:44 MSK 2010

tOmasEn at 2010-1-29 17:21 wrote:
> by the way I also tried add gzip_proxied any;, but doesn't make
> difference.
>
>              location = /xslt/main.xsl {
>                 proxy_set_header  X-Forwarded-For
> $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
>                       proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
>                       proxy_redirect off;
>                         proxy_pass http://61.129.66.75:80;
>                         gzip_proxied any;
>                         proxy_set_header    Accept-Encoding ""; //have
> to use this otherwise sub_filter won't work
This directive deletes the request's "Accept-Encoding " header and the
gzip module will not work any more.

You may use this module to set the input header:
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpHeadersMoreModule
more_set_input_headers 'Accept-Encoding: gzip';

But I suggest you should  turn off the gzip in the backend instead, it's
more clear than these trick directives.

--
Weibin Yao