FRiCKLE pres. ngx_postgres
piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Mon Jul 5 06:17:16 MSD 2010
I'm thrilled to announce new release of ngx_postgres.
This is MAJOR update focused on new features and interoperability with
number of 3rd party modules (including: ngx_http_auth_request_module,
nginx-eval-module and ngx_lua). When combined with ngx_form_input or ngx_lua
(for extracting values from client's request body), this module allows one
to create fully RESTful webservices using only nginx.conf! And it's
This release is accompanied by the release of ngx_rds_json v0.10, which
produces JSON responses for all 2xx status codes. This release is pretty
much required for people wanting to use "postgres_rewrite" directive.
Distfiles and documentation are available at:
GitHub repository is available at:
2010-07-05 VERSION 0.4
* Optimize generation of RDS output.
* Fix serious bug that under certain conditions (query evaluated
to empty string, failed connection to the database, etc) would
lead to segmentation fault on versions older than nginx-0.8.17
* When returning row or value, use Content-Type specified by
"default_type" directive instead of "text/plain".
* Allow column to be specified by its name instead of its number
(in "postgres_output" and "postgres_set" directives).
* Add "postgres_rewrite" directive.
* Add "$postgres_affected" variable.
* Fix issue that would stop gzip filter from processing
responses in RDS format.
Found by Qing Lin (kindy), fixed by Yichun Zhang (agentzh).
* Add "postgres_output" directive.
* Add "$postgres_query" variable.
* Add "postgres_set" directive.
* Add "$postgres_columns" and "$postgres_rows" variables.
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >
More information about the nginx