Upstream SSL Support

Troy Bartlett troy at troyb.com
Tue Jul 6 23:31:41 MSD 2010

Hi,

I need an IMAP proxy with support for SSL on the backend/upstream side. I
plan to use nginx for this, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't support SSL on
the upstream side. Can anyone confirm this?

Assuming it does not support it, I will need to add support for that. I
figure a reasonable starting point would be to look at how it's done for
http. I see things online indicating there is support for that, but it's
unclear to me exactly how that works.  Can anyone confirm that SSL is
supported for http on the upstream side?

If there is upstream https support, what in the config file tells nginx to
do that?

-Troy