reverse proxy using nginx as frontend server.

Retheesh Kumar R RetheeshKR at microland.com
Wed Jul 7 13:41:41 MSD 2010

Hello All,

I am trying to configure reverse proxy on my nginx server. This server
need to sit in the DMZ zone. Receive the web request and forward it to a
backend web server.

I have tried the configuration mentioned here.
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxLikeApache

Note: - Currently No firewall in place so no port restriction.

Scenario -

The frontend server URL is  https://mail.example.com

Backend Web Server URL is https://mail.webserver.com

Challenges -

*         When the redirect happens the frontend URL should not change.
It should remain the same appending the new page details to the frontend
server URL.

*         Need https configured from Client to frontend

*         https/http from frontend to backend web server.

Can you please guide me with the configuration. Or let me know if you
need any further information

Regards,

Retheesh

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon,this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
Microland takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free from viruses.
However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking software.