KQueue: 2 or more IPv6 listen ports + HUPing causes repeated log spam

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jul 7 19:57:48 MSD 2010

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 11:28:29AM -0400, WolfSage wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot to mention the nginx versions.
> This was tested with nginx stable all the way from versions 0.6.39 to
> latest stable 0.7.67.
> I'd like to stay in the stable branch rather than run the development
> branch.

There are number of ipv6-related fixes in 0.8.* branch, including
the following:

    *) Bugfix: nginx might close IPv6 listen socket during

    *) Bugfix: listen unix domain and IPv6 sockets did not inherit while
       online upgrade.

You are clearly hitting the bug fixed in 0.8.43.  Patch is
trivial and should apply cleanly to 0.7.*:

Though I would recommend to switch to 0.8.* branch instead.

Maxim Dounin