MongoDB Nginx Module

Christopher Triolo christopher.triolo at
Tue Jul 13 01:22:07 MSD 2010

Hi Nginx Mailing List,

I'm in the process of creating a nginx module that serves files from a file
system within mongoDB.

Code is here:

Basically we embed our C-driver into the module and talk to mongoDB that
When the handler is called, it retrieves a file chunk by chunk from mongoDB
and serves it.

I would be very grateful if someone would be able to clear up a few things
for me, as I still haven't fully wrapped my head around nginx's internals...

Do I save anything by calling ngx_http_output_filter() for each chunk of
If the call to mongoDB blocks the worker process, would it be just the same
to call ngx_http_output_filter() once for the whole file?
Might there be a faster way to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advanced!