[newbie] Two configuration issues with PHP5-FPM

Gilles Ganault gilles.ganault at free.fr
Thu Jul 15 18:12:17 MSD 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:17:51 +0200, Gilles Ganault
<gilles.ganault at free.fr> wrote:
>I left files installed by apt-get under /etc/php5/ untouched. Do I
>need to customize them maybe so that PHP5-FPM works OK with Nginx?

Found it: The sample configuration file I used had the following,
wrong line:

fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  /var/www$fastcgi_script_name;
www.howtoforge.com/installing-nginx-with-php-5.3-and-php-fpm-on-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-10.04-without-compiling-anything

Changing this to: /var/www/nginx-default/$fastcgi_script_name and
restarting Nginx solved the issue.

But I wonder if this the right way to solve the problem :-/