Module Nginx limit proxy

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 19:57:16 MSD 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:02 AM, Andrea Soracchi <soracchi at netbuilder.it> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have seen the module "Nginx limit proxy"
> (http://nginxlimitproxy.sourceforge.net/)
>
> It's a valid module? works fine?

looking at it quick I see two things that interest me right off the bat:

1) I've been wanting a way to capture how many bytes (and requests) by
Host: header (right now I have a special access_log that logs this and
I have to process this huge file nightly and sum the byte column up
based on host header...) - it would be cool if this was possibly done
inside of nginx and then flushed out to disk somewhere (I understand
memory usage would go up a little)

2) the distributed nature of it. it manages settings (so it says) from
one server. a "cluster manager" is something else I've had on my
"nginx wishlist" too.

whether or not this module does it properly, in the proper nginx
non-blocking method, etc... it has some useful concepts from what it
looks like that sound worth checking out.