Nginx+varnish & delivered error_page

Oleksandr V. Typlyns'kyi wangsamp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 15:14:32 MSD 2010

Today Jul 28, 2010 at 06:13 revirii wrote:

> It worked as long as varnish wasn't there, but now with varnish i can't
> see my own error page anymore. Instead the default varnish 503 page (i
> think it's some html code; but with correct 503 status code) is
> delivered. Does anyone know why this happens and has an idea how to
> prevent the varnish page to be delivered in favor of the nginx page?

  http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpProxyModule#proxy_intercept_errors

"If you set this to on then nginx will intercept status codes that are
explicitly handled by an error_page directive. Responses with status codes
that do not match an error_page directive will be sent as-is from the
proxied server."

--
WNGS-RIPE