Load Balancing PHP

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 00:19:58 MSD 2010

the SCRIPT_FILENAME being passed is from the nginx machine to the PHP
fastcgi engines

PHP is taking that and saying "okay, i need to execute this pathname as PHP"

so yes, if it's not the same, you'll have issues. :p

there's probably some other creative ways to mangle it per machine but
for sanity you should keep things in sync anyway. a simple stack is a
happy stack.