HTTP-POST Upload Buffer - Nginx Loadbalancer

S H shdashbeta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 02:26:28 MSD 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Elena Zwetkow <ezwetkow at gmx.de> wrote:

> Thanks for your fast help.
>
> Mikhail that is a good question, why nginx behind nginx? We Set
> up these nginx with the "sorry-server" function, so our Site
> goes never down when something goes wrong on our Application Servers,
> a minimal version is running on our "sorry-server" than its easy to bind in an other working Appliction server.
>
> What about HAProxy, buffer HAProxy the HTTP UPLOAD File? Perhaps
> its a good point to rethink the use of our servers...

HAProxy does not buffer HTTP Posts. Unfortunately, it can't terminate
SSL so if you're trying to upload via an HTTPS connection you'll need
to find a different solution altogether. FWIW, this appears to be a
frequent feature request for Nginx. I even offered to sponsor the
development, but never got a response. I'm not sure what the hangup
was.

-SH