Static files download

Grzegorz Sienko staff at krecio.pl
Thu Jun 10 02:05:06 MSD 2010

Hello.

It's passed to fastcgi because of location / that captures uri to pass
to fastcgi.

I will say, that: It's not the best solution what Igor suggest. It
will get rid of the problem, but is not a real solution.

You should use:

location ~ / {
 try_files $uri $uri/  @framework;
}

location ~ \..*/.*\.php$ {
 return 403;
}

location ~ \.php$ {
                       fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
                       fastcgi_index index.php;
                       fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root/index.php;
                       include fastcgi_params;
}

> I tried to review all my configuration. I do not understand why PDF files are returned inline to the browser. Images, videos and flash files are properly sent, why not pdt and zip?
> has anyone the same issue?

You have it in debug log, in part where nginx test location. Because
nginx test all you location that you have in your config, the uri with
pdf file is captured by / location and proxed to fastcgi. With Igor
suggestion, pdf will be added to static content location. But I will
suggest, to properly configured the location that are responsible for
capturing php file, because you will have a problem with all different
types of files, that you don't put in that static location. like doc,
xls, odt .. whatever.

BTW, it's not better (for reader, at least :} )?:

- location ~* \.css|\.js|\.jpg|\.jpeg|\.png|\.gif|\.swf|\.svg|\.tiff|\.pdf$ {
+ location ~* \.(css|js|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|swf|svg|tiff|pdf)$ {

--
Best Regards
Grzegorz Sieńko