nginx SSL problem for ca-bundle

khatfield at khatfield at
Wed Jun 16 08:36:42 MSD 2010

It's likely not in the right order. If I remember correctly, it is cert --> intermediary --> bundle

Also verify there are no white spaces, etc. If you are running Windows as a desktop, you can copy and paste them out if you're VERY careful not to pick up white space or additional lines.

Open it with wordpad, not notepad and copy it out. Otherwise, use an editor and copy / paste it out (like vi).

Don't use 'more'. cat should work as you mentioned but if it's not in the correct order, then that could be it. My guess is the key/cert aren't matching correctly.

-----Original Message-----
From: "karthi r" <karthikr2006 at>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:49pm
To: nginx at
Subject: nginx SSL problem for ca-bundle

Hi nginx team,

we running nginx + ssl certificate
i configure in nginx

cat >> domainname.crt

and configure
    ssl_certificate      /opt/ssl/domain_com.crt;
    ssl_certificate_key  /opt/ssl.key/domain_com.key;

when i restart nginx server following below error displayed.

SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("../domain com.key") failed (SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch)

how to resolve this issue..
Thanks and Regards,