nginx windows issues
Shakeel.Bukhari at lsi.com
Wed Jun 16 23:05:10 MSD 2010
We have narrowed down to use nginx for one of future LSI product. Currently, doing development on linux os. Windows is also one of the major OS platforms required to be supported. I was going through nginx online documentation, somewhere read the following known "nginx windows issues".
- Are these still valid issues?
- What is the time-frame on fixing these windows issues & planned future enhancements?
- When do you think nginx will be ready to run as a WINDOWS SERVICE?
Windows Known issues
- Although several workers can be run, only one of them actually does any work.
- A worker can handle no more than 1024 simultaneous connections.
- The cache and other modules which require shared memory support do not work in Windows Vista and later due to address space layout randomization being enabled in these Windows versions.
Windows Possible future enhancements
- Running as a service.
- Using the I/O completion ports as notification method.
- Using multiple worker threads inside single worker process.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the nginx