Nginx and X-Accel-Redirect to serve Quicktime streaming prepared movies

Fernando Perez lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jun 23 01:47:17 MSD 2010

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Ok new test with ogg/theora this time.
>
> Here is my video:
> http://www.digiprof.tv/streams/restricteds/9/houmos.ogv

It works! Sorry I don't know what made it work, maybe a header problem
which was not getting updated due to some caching? Maybe I forgot to
restart nginx after adjusting its configuration? Anyway Nginx can stream
ogg/theora videos and let the users seek inside the video!

I can't make it yet work with mp4 files (hmmm iphone), probably because
the video is not properly encoded for being streamed to the web. I'll
dig into that tomorrow: moov, fast-start, etc... all painful stuff to
take care of.

Cheers,