content-type after proxy_pass

dannynoonan nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Mar 6 17:46:49 MSK 2010

In servicing a request for: /foo.jpg which actually lives out in a mogilefs backend  as /00/00/01.fid or something like that.

I've configured nginx to peform
proxy_pass -> fastcgi_pass -> python app -> X-Accel-Redirect -> proxy_pass

the first proxy_pass that receives the request for /foo.jpg has proxy_hide_header Content-Type so as to not pick up the mime-type for *.fid from the backend.

I was hoping that the nginx instance closest to the client would remember that foo.jpg was requested and assign content-type appropriately, but content-type remains unset.

I see mention of something that could help in this thread:
http://n2.nabble.com/problem-w-gzip-when-hiding-Content-Type-header-from-upstream-server-td3256026.html
location /combined.css {
    proxy_pass ..
    override_type     ;

but alas, override_type seems to be not available as of: nginx-0.7.65

Is there another method I could use to set content-type?

http://n2.nabble.com/problem-w-gzip-when-hiding-Content-Type-header-from-upstream-server-td3256026.html

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,60636,60636#msg-60636