How can I keep a large list in apache memory

ramprasad_ap nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Mar 9 14:12:06 MSK 2010

Hello all,

I am new to nginx , I am using ngnix as a Load balancer for two imap servers. All machines are RHEL5 64 bit

The nginx  calls an apache php script that determines if the user is on imap1 or imap2 by looking up a plain text file.
which contains entries like

$user['user1'] = 10.1.1.1;
$user['user2'] = 10.1.1.2;
----
$user=10.1.1.1;

For 15k users this method becomes very heavy. There are too many httpd processes running that suck the resources on the machine.

Is there a way I can load the userlist into memory in apache
Thanks
Ram

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,61798,61798#msg-61798